how to build a wood deck to cover concrete
how to build a deck | builders south africa
the depth of the holes for the stumps must be dug according to your plans. after pouring concrete into the holes and planting the stumps, allow the concrete to cure for 48 hours. you can embed a bolt in the top of each stump or insert a galvanized steel rod to help tie down the deck’s support structure (the bearers).
building a deck over concrete steps | decks.com
a concrete stoop with steps can be a formidable obstacle when trying to build a deck. a massive concrete stoop will be difficult to remove. most of the time you will need to break the concrete apart using a sledge hammer or jack hammer and haul the debris away. some builders choose to build over the stoop instead.
building a wooden deck over a concrete one : 6 steps (with ...
replacing the concrete deck with wood could have been done in one of two ways: completely demolish the concrete porch and build a 100% wooden one in its place, or use the concrete as a base and just add wood on top of it. since our concrete was in good condition and would offer a solid base we decided to keep it and just cover it all with wood.
how to build a simple deck: instructions & video - this old house
all you need to be successful at diy deck building are some basic carpentry tools and the desire to invest a little sweat equity. building a simple deck. the deck shown here features a pressure-treated floor frame that’s supported by a ledger board and concrete piers, and topped with 5/4-inch decking. and because the deck is only a one step ...
how to cover a concrete porch with wood | hunker
it is also a good way to cover up peeling paint, slight chipping and discolored concrete. whatever your reasons, adding a wood floor to your concrete porch is a fairly simple operation. the two most common wood flooring choices for porches are 5/4 treated decking and traditional tongue-and-groove floorboards.
covering an existing concrete porch with wood - part 1 ...
my brother and i only got halfway done with what i had hoped to accomplish yesterday, but we learned a lot along the way. the big picture goal here is that i’ll be covering my existing concrete front porch with wood so that i can stain it and it will look like a traditional wood front porch. but you can’t just put wood porch/deck boards directly onto concrete. first, you have to attach ...
how to build a deck over a concrete patio
cover the patio with a thin layer of sand, lay pavers over it, and the results look like a standard paver patio. it's a fairly simple project and the cost is reasonable ($3 to $6 per sq. ft.), but expect a weekend or two of hard labor. for complete step-by-step instructions, see how to cover a concrete patio with pavers.
building a roof over a deck or patio | hometips
building over an existing slab. if you are building an overhead to cover an existing patio, you must first determine if local codes allow setting it directly on the slab and, if so, is the concrete thick enough to support the weight. otherwise, you will have to create original footings for the overhead.
how to build a raised deck over concrete 2020 - fresh methods
you can build a raised deck over concrete base in two ways. one is to demolish your concrete patio completely and then build a wooden one as the replacement of concrete base. or you can use the slab as the base of the deck and use wood as the top of this deck. for a good conditioned concrete base, building a raised deck is easy.
how to cover concrete steps with wood - farmhouse on boone
so, we decided to find a way to cover the concrete steps with wood. i knew this would make them look brand new, and allow us to use the exact same wood for the treads as we had used for the porch flooring. we also decided to make the steps wider, to make for a more grand entrance. the whole process of building wood steps over concrete porch ...
how to build a deck: post holes and deck framing
remember to follow local code for deck posts. there are several methods for setting posts. one way is to pour concrete in the post hole, set the post on the concrete and backfill with gravel. to help prevent rotting, this deck will have wooden posts attached to concrete footers above ground.
raised concrete deck vs. wood deck
we are in the process of designing our new house. i would like a deck over the walkout coming off the great room made out of a stamped concrete. i have seen decks like these but they are usually on very high end homes. my husband is not a fan of wood decks. can anyone help me with an idea of cost...
install a composite deck over concrete |
installing a multi-color deck over concrete. if you’re installing two different colors of boards for your deck, then you can screw the accent color boards into place temporarily to act as guides for the primary color boards. to cover the ends of the sleepers, install deck fascia board.
wood deck over concrete patio - patio ideas
how to build a deck over concrete patio diy backyard view topic can u existing slab u2022 home garden li building floating outdoor living amazing wood patios and decks park hinterhof terassenideen gartengestaltung lay flooring on tiles design wooden designs turning into covered framing steps 76 reference of baker in 2020 steinterrassen terrasse selber machen … continue reading wood deck over ...
covering a concrete stoop with wood
agree with karen-wood steps are slippery in cold climates. decks also attract furry creatures -like skunks that you may not feel like sharing a home with. we just tore off all the wood decks and replaced with concrete patio and steps. power wash the steps. check out the new concrete r if you need a boost to the surface.. our hd sells it
how to deck over a concrete stoop - this old house
9. attach the wood-composite decking to the top of the concrete stoop using the same masonry anchors. 10. conceal each anchor in decking with a plug cut from a composite decking board. 11. sweep decking clean of all debris.
how to lay deck flooring on a concrete patio
installing deck flooring on a cement patio. my husband harrison and i have wanted to change out our patio floor since the day we bought the house. ripping up concrete and building a deck seemed like a daunting and expensive task, so when we saw newtechwood deck-a-floor, we thought it would be absolutely perfect for our space. within a day, our ...
diy: turning a concrete slab into a covered deck - catz in ...
i’ll divide this post into (at least) two sections (maybe a third for decorating and aesthetics): building the patio cover, and building the deck. i built the patio cover first because i wanted to be sure that it was secured directly to the concrete pad, rather than resting on the deck.
how to build a wood deck over a concrete patio | hunker
cover your aging concrete patio with decking material to create a new, comfortable surface. image credit: ej-j/istock/getty images demolishing it and replacing it with new poured concrete is an economical but extremely labor-intensive process.
- how much should i charge in labor build a picket fence
- patio surface treatments that are not slippery
- hardwood flooring subflooring prep
- installing composite siding horizontally
- cheap tongue and groove cladding roofing
- best material choice for deck latin america
- joana gaines favorite bathroom floor tiles
- poly wood garden benches
- marine floor synthetic teak new zealand
- output in the construction industry
- plastics wood floor non slip thailand
- how much veranda decking for a 400square foot area
- blue hawk composite deck edging landscaping
- outdoor wood contractor in johor bahru
- railing on terrace design philippine
- black vinyl ranch rail fence
- shutter control arm fasteners
- foamed polyethylene deck board
- how to reinforce ceiling joists
- how to fill a hole in floor
- economical ideas solid pvc tongue and groove
- how much does wood railing cost
- lumber plastic roofing panel
- 6x8 pvc vinyl fence at home depot
- long life patio floors cheap sale
- plastic wall panels for garden wall
- wood for outdoor use uk
- best way to deep clean vinyl floors
- lifespan of laminate flooring
- polyvinyl chloride pvc wpc
- types of wood for covered porch
- composite patio options with concrete
- joist hanger for floor
- outdoor decking and patios knoxville
- price of cable railing system per foot
- clearance laminate flooring threshold strips uk
- composite embossed flooring price comparison
- how big of a deck for 28 foot round pool
- pvc bead board sheet
- build a bench for bay window
- composite picnic tables and benches
- oak tongue and groove board suppliers
- sun deck roof ideas
- marine decking france
- pergola roof repairs sydney
- boundary wall design
- agendas for consulting decks
- miter saw size for trex boards
- artificial decking for dock materials
- pvc plastic wood board extruding
- composite outdoor deck accessories
- good quality laminate flooring
- soft veranda brown deck screws
- house wood pergola designs
- why does it hurt to walk on hardwood floors
- tub treads bed bath and beyond
- cost of wood versus tile flooring
- fence picket at patio lumber
- porch railing balusters
- liquidation composite plastic wood floor